This dish has been inspired by the “pappardelle alla bolognesa”.
❧ Ingredients – Serves 4
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ kg ground pork and veal meat
- ½ kg crushed tomatoes
- 1 glass of white wine
- ½ kg “pappardelle” pasta
- 0,250 l cooking cream
- 10 or 12 EL TOSSAL Saffron strands
- salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Use some unpeeled garlic, which you have fried off in a saucepan and some olives sliced into ring shapes for decoration.
❧ Needed Utensils
- Chopping board and kitchen knives
- potato peeler
- A deep frying pan for making the Bolognese sauce
- A large saucepan for boiling the pasta
- A Colander
- A bowl in which to infuse the cooking cream with saffron
❧ Cooking instructions
Heat the cooking cream until its boiling point, then turn off the heat and add the saffron strands.
Peel the onions, the carrots and the garlic and cut them into small cube pieces. Pour oil into a saucepan to prepare the bolognesa, heat the oil and add the vegetables cooking them on a low heat. When the vegetables start to get some colour add the meat to the pan and give the mixture a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring the heat up, add a glass of wine and continue to stir. Once the wine has evaporated lower the heat and cover with a lid. Leave to cook on a low heat for 20 min.
Bring enough water to the boil in a large pot for cooking the pasta, add thyme and salt. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and boil with the pot uncovered, following the instructions given by the pasta brand or until al dente. Drain the pasta well using the colander and serve in dinner plates, placing the bolognesa in the centre of the dish. To finish off the dish ladle over some of the saffron infused cooking cream. Before pouring the cream make sure to sieve it to remove the saffron strands.
To add a bit of extra flavor you can add some chopped capers, parsley or chopped green chives.
This rich wintery dish goes perfectly well with a mild wine.